Abelia Kaleidoscope is a plant with multi-season interest. The foliage is bright yellow with a light green center in the spring and golden yellow with a dark green center in the summer. With the onset of cool weather and frost, the foliage turns a combination of golden yellow, orange, red, and green. White, tubular flowers appear in early summer and last into fall. The plant has a low, mounded habit and are excellent in small groupings, mass plantings, or containers. This was selected by Panoramic Farm as a branch sport of Abelia x grandiflora 'Little Richard'. Production or propagation of this plant is prohibited without written authorization from PlantHaven.
- Botanical Name: Abelia x grandiflora 'Kaleidoscope' PP#16,988
- Common Name: Abelia Kaleidoscope
- Culture: Prefers moist, well-drained, acidic soil
- Exposure: Full sun to light shade. Foliage color and flowering is best when planted in full sun.
- Average Size: Height 2-3' / Width 4-5'
- Hardiness: USDA Hardiness Zone 6 / Evergreen in Zone 7
- Seasonal Interest: Foliage - Year Round / Flowers - Summer, Fall
For additional information visit the Abelia Kaleidoscope website at abeliakaleidoscope.com.